The Obstetrics & Gynaecology department is one of the busiest tertiary maternity centre in the city. Most of the patients are underprivileged and have limited resources to avail of quality health care which is beyond the reach of a common man. Many of the referred cases are complicated high risk pregnancies and the department is well equipped to handle such cases along with the neonatal intensive care unit attached to the department.
Gynaecology clinics are conducted every day except Sundays. There is an Antenatal clinic in the hospital for pregnant women which are conducted every day. Special high risk pregnancy clinics are held every day.
- Daily general antenatal clinics
- Special high risk clinics running weekly to cater to highly complicated pregnancies.
- Daily Clinics attending to gynaecological problems.
- HRT Clinics to focus on problems of post menopausal women.
- Round the clock emergency services to attend to any obstetric or gynaecological emergency.
Labour and Delivery
- Well Staffed and fully equipped labour room with facilities of electonic fetal heart monitoring during labour.
- Facility of painless delivery using epidural analgesia.
- Excellent neonatal care back up with fully equipped neonatal intensive care unit.
- Gynaec. Surgery Facilities
- Fully equipped operation theatres.
- All major and minor gynaecological surgeries.
- Laparoscopic and hysteroscopy gynaecological surgeries.
- Facility of thermal ablation.
- Excellent post op care and ICU back up.
- 24hrs supporting blood bank facility with availability of blood and blood components.
Family Welfare Programmes
- Tubal ligations including laparoscopic ligations.
- Insertion of IUCDs and Other contraceptive advice
- Community Outreach Programme
- Conducting regular antenatal and gynae clinics at community health centre.